Acting Mets General Manager Zack Scott struck out with Westchester County prosecutors in his drunk driving bust on Thursday — and will head to trial in December.
The DA’s Office will only allow Scott to plead guilty to drunk driving, the top charge which carries up to a year in jail, in order to resolve the case stemming from Aug. 31.
But Scott, 44, who made a virtual appearance in White Plains City Court Thursday, has refused to cop to the hardball offer, instead opting for trial.
“I don’t believe there will be a reduced offer,” Assistant District Attorney Patrick Macarchuk told Judge Eric Press. “I believe they want to try this case.”
Scott pleaded not guilty after getting busted snoozing in his car over the summer just blocks from the city’s police station.
Press scheduled the start of Scott’s non-jury trial for Dec. 8 and ordered him to appear in person for the court proceedings going forward.
The embattled GM had the option of requesting a jury trial but declined, defense lawyer Anthony DiFiore told the judge.
Scott was placed on administrative leave by the Mets after he was nabbed napping behind the wheel of his 2018 Toyota at 4:17 a.m., just hours after attending a team fundraiser at team owner Steve Cohen’s Connecticut mansion.
In addition to the drunk driving charge, Scott was charged with stopping on a highway, disobeying a traffic control divide and failing to notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of a change in address.
The Mets were seemingly cursed since Cohen bought a majority share in ownership last year, with the team finishing the season 77-85 — and out of the playoff picture.
Scott was hired as acting general manager after Cohen’s first choice, Jared Porter, was fired amid reports that he had sent a female reporter lewd text messages.
This week, the team, which finished third in the NL East, parted ways with manager Luis Rojas.